Milsat is on a mission to build the largest geospatial database in Africa to power innovation, impact and business. We offer data acquisition as a service to businesses, agencies and countries, deploying a range of modern technologies.
We are looking for an innovative and dynamic individual to help contribute to our product development effort. As a product manager at Milsat, you will be responsible for the management of custom applications and interactive dashboards ensuring the company’s standard is achieved and maintained. You will take end-to-end ownership of specific product features and capabilities including doing product discovery and crafting strategies for optimal product performance and outcome
Who are we looking for?
Someone who will be:
- Be responsible for all product management for the geospatial engineering team and products, including geographic information system (gis) related map features, sensor and non-sensor data intake tools and custom product design
- Provide analysis on prioritization and appropriate trade-offs about implementation issues based on constraints, dependencies, costs, resource allocations and customer benefits.
- Strengthen our sales/commercial message by creating and enhancing a library of marketing-focused statistics and documentation, including factsheets, data collection methodologies and competitive comparisons.
- Engage in customer-facing activities such as client demos, conferences, webinars and industry events.
- Create, maintain, and communicate feature roadmaps for Engineering in line with the overall product strategy.
- Understand the market, customers, competition and technology, and provide our engineers with a line of sight to customer value.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering, operational teams and other positions across Milsat to discover the best ways to solve internal and external customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in product management and a data-centric role.
- Strong communication skills that will ensure clear messaging
- Ability to inspire & motivate teams with your vision
- Eagerness to learn new things and continuously improve your skills
- Open-mindedness and readiness to discuss details of the material you or your team are building
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
- Passion for understanding customer problems and driving product-led solutions
- Good knowledge of product discovery techniques and success measurements (e.g. OKRs)
- Strong project management, analytical and prioritization skills.
- Ability to evaluate industry technology platforms and innovations.
- Ability to distil complex topics and challenges into a succinct, easy-to-understand message and effectively present your roadmap to management or extended audiences.
You get a plus if you
- Have experience working with location-based data in a technical and geospatial inclined environment
- Are familiar with GIS and mapping systems/tools such as QGIS, ArcGIS, PostGIS, Mapbox e.t.c
- Have some Geographic Information System (GIS) experience and affinity for maps
- We’re a fully remote team. We work asynchronously with minimal meetings to allow you to work whenever you work best. If you live in Abuja (Nigeria), you can work from our office in Wuye.
- The opportunity to join the first African geospatial startups focused on the future of location data and location intelligence within Africa.
- Be part of a supportive, inclusive, and global culture.
The salary for this role ranges from ₦200k – ₦300k depending on the experience.
Interested candidates should send their CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.