“Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as name, address, email address, passwords, payment information, phone number, and banking information. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been de-identified so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or describes, directly or indirectly, an individual or household.
In the course of operating the website, we collect Personal Information, which we use for typical business and commercial purposes (including compliance with legal obligations and use for auditing, security, and anti-fraud purposes) and for other purposes as described below.
Information You Give Us. In offering our services, we may process your personal information. Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be directly or indirectly identified.
The personal information may include:
- Your full name;
- Your email address;
- Your address;
- Your telephone number;
- The domain name of the Internet service provider (ISP);
- Date and time of your visits to our Website;
- Login email addresses and passwords;
- IP address; and
Information Other Users Provide about You. Other users may provide us with your identifiers (such as your email address) or other information to invite you to use www.milsat.africa or share content from www.milsat.africa with you. In this case, we will use the information for the purposes for which it was provided.
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the services on www.milsat.africa.
Information We Get from Your Use of www.milsat.africa. In addition to the information you provide when you use the website, we keep track of information about how you have used the Service, like when you open one of our emails or whether you viewed and interacted with certain content (collectively, “Usage Information”). We use this information to provide and improve our products and services, tailor your experience on and across our websites and other services, tailor our marketing efforts, and create aggregate internal reports on website usage and activity, such as views of certain pages and services in demand. Usage Information includes:
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, and unique device identifiers).
- Browsing Information. This includes the URL that referred you to www.milsat.africa, the areas within the website that you visit, and the time of day of your visit.
- IP Address. An IP address is a string of numbers associated with the device you use to access the Internet.
- Location Information. Many mobile devices permit applications to access real-time geo-location information. We may collect and use such information with your consent when you use our websites. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers and provide geo-location information.
- Inferences from the information listed above. We may use the information listed above to draw inferences about your preferences to provide better products and services.
Automatic Collection of Information from Cookies and Other Technology. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit or use www.milsat.africa, which we use for the same purposes as Usage Information to help us improve our websites and communications. This automatic information collection may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
** Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notifications of new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. For more information about cookies and how to disable them or restrict the categories of cookies you wish to accept, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Please note that without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the functions on www.milsat.africa.
Your rights. You, as a data subject, have certain rights under the law. These include the right to:
- access personal data we hold about you by making a request;
- rectify such information where you believe it to be inaccurate;
- restrict the processing of your data in certain circumstances;
- object to the processing of your data where we intend to process such data for marketing purposes;
- request the erasure of your data (also known as the right to be forgotten);
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your data; and
- complain with a relevant authority, where you have reason to believe that we have violated the term(s) of this Notice. (You may complain or seek redress from us within 30 days from the time you first detected the alleged violation.).
You may seek to exercise any of the above rights at any time by sending an email to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
The supervisory authority is the Nigerian Data Protection Bureau (NDPB), and you can send your complaint via email to email@example.com
Marketing and Communication We only send marketing/newsletter communications to you with your consent. You may choose to opt-out of our marketing/newsletter emails by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the page.
Legal and Similar Disclosures. We may disclose Personal Information about you to law enforcement, the courts, our advisors, attorneys, and others who participate in the legal process, if necessary to do so by law or based on our good-faith belief that it is necessary to enforce or apply our contracts, conform, or comply with the law or is necessary to protect us, the users of the websites, or others.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using www.milsat.africa or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the website. If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on www.milsat.africa or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at.
No one under the age of 13 is authorized to submit any information, including Personal Information, on www.milsat.africa. Under no circumstances may anyone under the age of 13 use the Service.
If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org, If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION OR POSING A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION
Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with our Service and as permitted by law. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Account Deactivation and Deletion. If you no longer desire to use the services on the website, you may deactivate or delete your account by sending us an email at email@example.com. Deactivating your account puts your account on hold and is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future. When you delete an account, you are requesting that your account and the information stored therein be permanently deleted from our database. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. Please note that certain data you have provided may continue to exist in aggregate form that cannot be used to identify you.